Wednesday, January 27, 2010

America's New Deadly Obsession

Thanks "Oprah" for bringing this to the attention of everyone that does this. I am guilty myself, and fortunately nothing has happened to me or my family, and I want to keep it this way. That's why I choose to write about it tonight. Again, I'm guilty of talking and driving, and always thought I was able to handle it. This show made me wake up! I went "cold turkey" and stopped.

Once you see the personal stories of hearts broken on this episode, you will think twice. http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/Watch-Oprahs-No-Texting-and-Driving-Show
Facts:
~"The human brain isn't equipped to concentrate on 2 things at a time"
~"Talking on the phone or texting while driving is just as dangerous as driving after having four drinks"
~"Whatever it is, it's not so important that it can't wait until you stop * If the message is that important, pull over."
~"The minute it takes to pull over is someone's life saved"

It is an epidemic to the safety and lives of those behind a wheel. IT CAN HAPPEN TO YOU!
I committed to not use my cell phone in my car yesterday. I was the 57364 person who submitted my pledge on Oprah's website :) There... beginning immediately, I will do my part to help put an end to distracted driving by not texting or using my phone while I'm driving. I will ask other drivers I know to do the same. It's a very important way to make a big difference!

Truly awakened & inspired, Thank you "O"!

"ARRIVE ALIVE DON'T TEXT AND DRIVE"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree...it's just too dangerous!!! Not worth it.
Love T
xox