Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Burn, Burn, Fruits...


I have a better appreciation for the "McDonald's Coffee Case". Adam poured freshly brewed coffee from his mug to a foam cup and, by accident, it spilt all over my hand. OUTCH!!! This picture does not do it justice. I mean I do not believe it's worth a $640,000 lawsuit like Stella Liebeck may have had received but I can tell you that I have been unable to do many things including house chores Yay! haha...

Afternoon thunderstorm took a toll on our neighbor's house. Their house was damaged after lightning struck the roof. The owners weren't home when the thunderstorm rolled in however people walking by said there was an incredibly loud boom and a bright flash of light. First, it appeared there was no problem but then someone noticed smoke coming out of the roof and called 911. So devastating! 

'Tis the season for yummy tasting fruits!! Plums, peaches & cherries don't last very long on our counter. Michelle, cherries reminds me of our lunch breaks when we would drive over to your parents house, climb up ladders and pick cherries from their trees LOL. That was fun!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG...I hope you hand gets better soon. I know all about the pain of burns. Take care & keep it out of the sun.
Luv Tracey
xoxo

Michelle and Michael said...

Yes, we definitely got our share of cherries out of those trees...unfortunately this year the birds got to them before we could. The blue jays actually built a nest in the cherry trees to be close to the fresh fruit. So I'm settling for the Sobey's kind and I've been eating some everyday for the last week!
Mich xo