Sunday, August 10, 2008

One World One Dream


I was absolutely astonished as I watched the Opening Ceremony for the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games. I was amazed and wondered how they could pull off such a remarquable ceremony. A gigantic scroll, sparkling Olympic rings, acrobats created a Bird's Nest out of the human body, martial artists, dancers and drummers performed....well actually more than 20,000 highly skilled individuals performed!! I wasn't the only one watching, a whopping 840 million television watchers tuned in to the ceremony throughout the world.

Drummers are pictured during the Opening Ceremony

I was reading that the first half, "Brilliant Civilization," highlighted the past 5,000 years of Chinese civilization, and the second half, "Glorious Era," would exhibit the great achievements and the new look of modern China, portraying the Chinese nation's dream of building harmoniously with the people of the world. Must have took so much time and effort to put this unique ceremony together!!! I "heart" the Olympic :)

No comments: